Terms of Service
Last Updated: April 20, 2020
From everyone at Code Rubik, thank you for using our products! We build them to help you do your best work. There are thousands of people using our apps every day. Because we don't know every one of our customers personally, we have to put in place some Terms of Service to help keep the ship afloat.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to Code Rubik inc.
When we say “Apps”, we mean any product created and maintained by Code Rubik inc. That includes Polls for Pages, Surveys for Pages, Contests for Pages, Quizzes for Pages and their derivatives in other languages.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also announce them on the blog and in the Apps.
When you use our Apps, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That's true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Apps over time. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate of any of the terms, we may terminate your account. That's a broad statement and it means you need to place a lot of trust in us. We do our best to deserve that trust by being open about who we are, how we work, and keeping an open door to your feedback.
- You must have a Facebook account to use the Apps and you must use the Apps through your own personal Facebook account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not use the Apps for any purpose outlined in our Use Restrictions policy.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- If you are using a free version of one of our Services, it is really free: we do not ask you for your credit card and — just like for customers who pay for our Services — we do not sell your data.
- For any upgrade in plan level, a prorated price will be applied for the rest of the billing cycle.
- Your account can only be downgraded at the end of the billing cycle.
- Downgrading your account or not renewing your plan at the end of the annual billing cycle may cause the loss of features or capacity of your account. The Company does not accept any liability for such loss.
- In Canada, we will collect taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities. See our Taxes policy for more details. Otherwise, you are responsible for payment of all taxes, levies, or duties.
- Refunds are processed according to our refund policy.
Cancellation and Termination
- All annual Premium plans are set to renew automatically at the end of the annual billing cycle. You will receive a reminder email 7 days prior to the renewal and another email on the day of the renewal with the purchase receipt. You are solely responsible for disabling automatic renewals if you wish to end your subscription. Your Account page provides a simple toggle to disable any upcoming renewal.
- If your plan is not renewed at the end of the billing cycle, your account and all of its content will be automatically downgraded to the free plan.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Apps for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Apps to anyone for any reason at any time. We have this clause because statistically speaking, out of the hundreds of thousands of accounts on our Apps, there is at least one doing something nefarious. There are some things we staunchly stand against and this clause is how we exercise that stance. For more details, see our Use Restrictions policy.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
Modifications to the App and Prices
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of the App with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services are subject to change upon 7 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Company website or the App itself.
- The Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Apps.
Personal Information and Privacy
- You may collect personal information (or personal data, or personally identifiable information) through your use of the Apps.
- You must follow all rules applicable in your jurisdiction with respect to personal information and privacy when you collect, use or disclose personal information accessed through the Apps.
- We do not seek consent from individuals through the Apps and it is your sole responsibility to follow all application legislation.
Promotions and Sweepstakes
- You may use the Apps to carry out promotions, sweepstakes, raffles, draws or any other game of chance (collectively, the “Sweepstakes”).
- You must follow all rules applicable in your jurisdiction, including any applicable Facebook policy, with respect to Sweepstakes.
- We do not monitor the practices of promoters with respect to Sweepstakes, we do not participate in, or profit in any way from any Sweepstake held by a promoter and disclaim any responsibility for any damage or loss suffered by participants or promoters in connection with any Sweepstake.
- As a participant, you take part in any Sweepstake at your own risk, and we make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of promoters with respect to Sweepstakes.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Apps must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Apps. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but reserves the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Apps.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Apps, use of the Apps, or access to the Apps without the express written permission by the Company.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
- The Apps connect to the Facebook Graph API and its use is governed by the Facebook Platform Policy and any other policy that may be in force at Facebook’s discretion.
- You must at all times be in compliance with all Facebook policies, including, without limitation, Facebook Platform Policy, Facebook Page Terms, Advertising Policies and Community Standards.
- We do not control the content of Facebook policies, and your obligations under these policies may change from time to time. It is your sole responsibility to comply with all applicable policies at all times when you are using the Apps.
- Facebook may modify its policies or the Facebook Platform in ways that restrict the permitted use of the Apps, the availability of the Apps or the features of the Apps. We have no control over the actions of Facebook in this matter and disclaim responsibility for any damage or loss resulting from changes in Facebook.
- We are not responsible for the availability of your Facebook account. You will not be able to access and use the Apps unless you can use your Facebook account.
Features and Bugs
We design our Apps with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Apps will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee completely error-free Services.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Apps; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Apps; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Apps, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Apps does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not work out, that's on you, not us. We do our darnedest to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general giving a damn. If you choose to use our Apps, thank you for betting on us.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please contact our Support team.